Search This Blog

About Bronzewing Birding Services

My photo
North East, Victoria, Australia
Blog of Bronzewing Birding Services, which provides news and updates on birdwatching in North East Victoria. For more information go to the website at: http://www.bronzewingbirdingservices.com

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ovens Valley

I have a tour in a week around the Bright-Mt Buffalo area so I thought it would be a good idea to check out the area before it started.

Unfortunately my camera card died so I don't have any pictures.

I checked out Mt Buffalo, highlights being a Pilotbird calling at Lake Catani and Red-browed Treecreeper at Rollasons Falls. Around Bright Satin Bowerbird, Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoo and Gang-gang Cockatoo were some nice birds.

I finished off the day at Myrtleford Sewage Ponds and nearby at Reform Hill State Forest, a Leaden Flycatcher at the latter. At the sewage ponds a nice selection of ducks and some drier forest birds in the box-stringybark forest behind the ponds such as Fuscous Honeyeater, White-throated Gerygone, Horsfield's Bronze-Cuckoo and Dusky Woodswallow.

92 species for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment